Welcome to Bloominglearn, a place to meet friends and receive homeschooling resources.
All are welcome, even if you don’t view yourself as a homeschooler. “Preschool at home” means that we try to remain mindful of how skills and concepts are developing as we play, have fun, and learn how to do daily routines. It means we are making an effort to provide our children with experiences in all developmental areas.
You Belong Here If You…
- Are passionate about learning with your kids and seek a cooperative of like-minded families in Bloomington, Indiana.
- Want to be all inclusive and would like to provide multicultural opportunities for our kids.
- Believe that special needs can be accommodated.
- Want to join regular meetups for families with children from birth to age 6. (Older siblings are also welcome) We will play, do activities, take field trips, and learn only by doing what the kids are interested in doing!
- Want help planning activities to help our kids meet all their developmental needs.
It’s free to join. Welcome! ♡
We have a Facebook group for meeting online and in person to support each other’s homeschooling projects. There you can create and attend events and get connected to educational activities out in the community or in the home. We will also have access to programs for homeschoolers such as fire station visits, live animal and magic shows, and private museum and building tours.
Why join a homeschooling co-op?
Together we can provide our kids with more than the sum of our parts. Our educational and social experiences will be enhanced in ways we may not have anticipated, through the diversity of each family’s culture and experiences. We can share our ideas and teach each other new things based on our individual strengths. We can expand on our own cultural heritage and traditions. We can also network together for the greater good by bartering services and pooling our resources to collect and buy supplies in bulk.
Here’s how it works:
Each week there will be meetup events posted. Events will be hosted by parent volunteers or community educators. Anything deemed interesting and valuable to the group is welcome!
For more information, please contact Elena Halterman.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”